All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection presents a comparative analysis of the principle of effective legal protection in administrative law in Europe. It examines how European states consider and enforce the related requirements in their domestic administrative law. The book is divided into three parts: the first comprises a theoretical introductory chapter along with perspectives from International and European Law; part two presents 15 individual country reports on the principle of effective legal protection in mostly EU member states. The core function of the reports is to provide an analysis of the domestic instruments and procedures. Adopting a contextual approach, they consider the historical, political and legal circumstances as well as analysing the relevant case law of the domestic courts; the third part provides a comparative analysis of the country reports. The final chapter assesses the influence and relevance of EU law and the ECHR. The book thus identifies the most important trends and makes a valuable contribution to the debate around convergence and divergence in European national administrative systems.
- Author BiographyZoltan Szente is a professor of law and the Head of the Institute for Public Law at the National University of Public Service, and holds a Research Chair at the Institute for Legal Studies of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest. Konrad Lachmayer holds a research chair at the Institute of Legal Studies, Centre for Social Sciences at the Hungarian Academy of Sciences. He is research fellow at Durham Law School and independent researcher in Vienna.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/08/2016
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables
- Weight908 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byKonrad Lachmayer,Zoltan Szente
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $20.09Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.