Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.63
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionThe Principles and Practice of International Aviation Law provides an introduction to, and demystification of, the private and public dimensions of international aviation law. Unlike other global sectors, the air transport industry is t governed by a discrete area of the law, but by disparate transnational regulatory instruments. Everything from the routes that an international air carrier can serve to the acquisition of its fleet and its liability to passengers and shippers for incidents arising from its operations can be the object of bilateral and multilateral treaties that represent diverse and often contradictory interests. Beneath this are hundreds of domestic regulatory regimes that also apply national and international rules in disparate ways. The result is an agglomeration of legal cultures that can leave even experienced lawyers and academics perplexed. By combining classical doctrinal analysis with insights from newer disciplines such as international relations and ecomics, the book maps international aviation law's complex terrain for new and veteran observers alike.
- Author BiographyBrian F. Havel is Distinguished Research Professor of Law, Associate Dean for International Affairs, and Director of the International Aviation Law Institute at DePaul University College of Law. From 2011 to 2013, Professor Havel served as the Keeley Visiting Fellow at the University of Oxford, Wadham College, and has been named a lecturer in law at the College. He also holds appointments as Visiting Professor of Law at Leiden University and University College Dublin. His publications have an interdisciplinary focus and include Beyond Open Skies: A New Regime for International Aviation (2009) and In Search of Open Skies: Law and Policy for a New Era in International Aviation (1997). Gabriel S. Sanchez is Senior Research Fellow at the International Aviation Law Institute and previously served as the Institute's FedEx/United Airlines Resident Research Fellow from 2007 to 2011. His most recent work on international aviation law and policy has featured in the Catholic University Law Review, the Virginia Journal of International Law and the Harvard Environmental Law Review.
- Author(s)Brian F. Havel,Gabriel S. Sanchez
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2014
- SubjectInternational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight790 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.