Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.54Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.13+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost people experience some difficulty with writing formal or technical papers. Students, in particular, can experience problems with the requirements of writing papers in psychology. This book is a comprehensive companion to the entire writing process, covering: * thinking analytically and critically * taking tes * organizing information and ideas * preparing and planning * writing drafts and editing It emphasizes the principles and logic underlying the thinking and writing process, so that these may be applied to a range of essays, literature reviews and research reports. The book also includes advice and guidance on the reporting of statistics, and on the design, preparation, and use of figures and tables to illustrate research results. It also includes reference material on grammar, punctuation, spelling, abbreviations, and on typing and presentation. For ease of finding relevant material it is organized into parts that relate to various aspects of writing and types of papers, and includes internal cross-references, a checklist of the writing process and examples of good and bad research reports. THE PRINCIPLES OF WRITING IN PSYCHOLOGY is suitable for use at all levels of study and beyond. It is consistent with the 5th edition of the PUBLICATION MANUAL OF THE AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION but also covers deviations from this and includes material t included in the manual. T.R. SMYTH is a lecturer at Charles Sturt University in NSW, Australia. He has also held academic appointments at the University of Adelaide, Flinders University and the University of Canberra. He is the author of WRITING IN PSYCHOLOGY: A STUDENT GUIDE.
- Author BiographyTHOMAS R. SMYTH is a lecturer at Charles Sturt University in NSW, Australia. He has also held academic appointments at the University of Adelaide, Flinders University and the University of Canberra. He is the author of Writing in Psychology: A Student Guide.
- Author(s)Thomas R. Smyth
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication25/03/2004
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitlePalgrave Study Skills
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note5 tables
- Weight597 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.