About this product
- DescriptionThe sudden flurry of colour and rapid spread of busy prints is the result of the new ease of computer printing in fabric design. Pioneered by Brazilian/British design duo Basso & Brooke, the hyper-real digital technique has spread t just amongst the small but invative studios but also to more traditional fashion houses such as Chanel and Armani. Following an opening discussion of how the current techniques have revolutionized hundreds of years of screen-printing, The Print Revolution is organized by an A-Z of keyte designers operating at this cutting edge of fashion. Accompanied by fashion photography, catwalk imagery and close-up details of prints and patterns, and - crucially - supplemented by the designer's own tebooks, impressions, quotations and influences, the book is an invaluable reference as well as a visual delight of the inspirations and creations that have given rise to the current explosion of interest in textile design.
- Author BiographyTamasin Doe started her career as deputy fashion editor with Lowri Turner at the Evening Standard before becoming the fashion editor at Phaidon and then the fashion director of InStyle magazine. She has written for a number of British publications, such as the Independent, Guardian, Sunday Times, Financial Times, Daily Express and Elle and has penned the book Patrick Cox: Wit, Irony and Footwear (Thames & Hudson, 1997). She has also appeared on Woman's Hour, BBC Breakfast News and CNN.
- Author(s)Tamasin Doe
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGoodman Books
- Out-of-print date30/01/2015
- Content Note250 illustrations
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.45Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $21.49Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.