Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $109.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $264.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Sunday Times Gardening Book of the Year Described by Vogue as 'the revelatory garden book for our age' and a 'splendid new book' (Sebastian Shakespeare, Daily Mail), The Private Gardens of England is a glorious celebration of the art of gardening through some of the country's hidden horticultural jewels. Thirty-five English private gardens, thoughtfully selected by the writer and designer Tania Compton, are vividly described in the words of their owners, who bring an astonishing sense of intimacy to their own creations as well as their collaborations with some of the leading garden designers of today. From the Bannermans' romantic Cornish castle to the windswept shores of Howick in Northumberland via Jasper Conran in Somerset and Tom Stuart-Smith in Hertfordshire, an eclectic range of gardens is revealed. The traditional English garden is seen through the fresh eyes of plantswomen such as Mary-Anne Robb at Cothay Mar and Arabella Lenx-Boyd at Gresgarth Hall, alongside Hilborough House in Norfolk and Ferne Park in Dorset that recently only existed as fields. The historic landscape gardens of Boughton House and St Paul's Walden Bury are explored alongside the contemporary and conceptual at Plaz Metaxu in Devon. From the private walled garden at Petworth to the wildflower-strewn meadows of Spye Park, each garden is a testament to the thriving art of English gardening. With contributions from the country's best garden photographers, The Private Gardens of England reveals gardening at its highest level. It will inform and inspire anyone with a love of gardening, beauty and excellence. 'The photographs are take-your-breath-away spellbinding ...The minute level of detail here will satisfy real gardeners, elevating this book far above its competition.' Sarah Feeley, English Garden 'Captures a brilliant moment in our history, where plantsmanship, good design and love of plants have all come together ...compelling format ...the photography and production are superb.' Kathryn Bradley-Hole, Country Life One of Christopher Woodward's Books of the Year in the Evening Standard
- Author BiographyWriter and designer Tania Compton started gardening in her twenties in Ibiza before studying at The English Gardening School, where she met her husband the botanist Dr. Jamie Compton. After ten years as Garden Editor for British House & Garden she collaborated with Andrew Lawson on Dream Gardens (Merrell, 2007). A Trustee of The Garden Museum Tania spends spare hours ruminating over 6 acres of wild and unruly meadow in Wiltshire.
- Author(s)Tania Compton
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 maps, Fully illustrated w/colour photos throughout.
- Weight3075 g
- Width265 mm
- Height345 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.