All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio introduces Evelyn Ryan, an enterprising woman who kept poverty at bay with wit, poetry, and perfect prose during the contest era of the 1950s and 1960s. Standing up to the church, her alcoholic husband, and antiquated ideas about women, Evelyn turned every financial challenge into an opportunity for invation, all the while raising her six sons and four daughters with the belief that miracles are an everyday occurrence. The inspiration for a major motion picture, Evelyn Ryan's story is told by her daughter Terry with an infectious joy that shows how a winning spirit and sense of humor can triumph over adversity every time.
- Author(s)Terry Ryan
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- SubjectAutobiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight448 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Foreword bySuze Orman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.