All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith the launch of the European integration process after World War II, a new type of administration emerged which was neither an international organisation r a national administration. Drawing on extensive archival records and oral history interviews, this book is the first comprehensive study of the High Authority of the European Coal and Steel Community (ECSC) and the Commission of the European Ecomic Community (EEC), and their personnel, the European civil servants. This administrative elite was to have a vital influence on the European integration process, devising and administering key European policies such as the Common Agricultural Policy. Katja Seidel combines administrative and biographical history and provides significant insights into the origins of Europe's supranational institutions and the administrative cultures that developed in them. She effectively shows how European administrative elites and supranational administrations are vital to understanding the process of politics in Europe. This book will be invaluable for scholars of politics, history and the development of European integration.
- Author BiographyKatja Seidel is Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the German Historical Institute in Paris. She holds a PhD in European History from the University of Portsmouth.
- Author(s)Katja Seidel
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/2010
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Series TitleLibrary of European Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 14
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.