All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwo thousand years ago, Jesus told a simple story about a father and his two sons. This tale stands out because it is a story about each of us and our struggle with sin. Whether we identify with the rebellion of the younger son or the self-righteousness of the older brother, we all are in need of our Father's grace, mercy, and forgiveness. In this five-session video-based Bible study, pastor and bestselling author John MacArthur provides fascinating new insights into this parable as he takes you step-by-step through each part of the tale. You will explore t only the shocking actions of the younger son in his rebellion but also the coldhearted attitude of the older brother toward his family. You will find a reflection of yourself in each of these two sons-and come to understand, in a fresh and new way, what God does to find you where you are and bring you back to Him. The Prodigal Son Study Guide includes video discussion questions, Bible exploration, and personal study and reflection materials for in-between sessions. 1. Parables: Unveiling God's Truth through Stories 2. Repentance: Facing the Agony of Being Lost 3. Forgiveness: Experiencing Our Father's Love 4. Pretense: Looking Good Isn't Good Eugh 5. Grace: Receiving Our Most Amazing Gift Designed for use with The Prodigal Son: A DVD Study (9780310081258).
- Author BiographyJohn MacArthur is the pastor-teacher of Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California, president of the Master's University and Seminary, and featured teacher with the Grace to You media ministry. Grace to You radio, video, audio, print, and website resources reach millions worldwide each day. In more than four decades of ministry, John has written dozens of bestselling books, including the MacArthur New Testament Commentary series, The Gospel According to Jesus, Twelve Ordinary Men, Twelve Extraordinary Women, Slave, and The MacArthur Study Bible. He and his wife, Patricia, have four married children and fifteen grandchildren.
- Author(s)John F. MacArthur
- PublisherThomas Nelson Publishers
- Date of Publication03/11/2016
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThomas Nelson Publishers
- Weight104 g
- Width139 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.