All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first two books in the Origins series, Origins and The Crossing, w revised, re-edited and re-released as a stand alone vel titled The Prodigal Sun. S.E. Meyer combines ancient alien astronaut theory, ancient Sumerian codices, current religious beliefs from around the world and the book of Revelation in a way that tears down the veil of traditional thinking to reveal new though provoking theories on the origins of the human race and its many traditional beliefs. The Prodigal Sun will wow you with a fact filled, thrilling and intricately blended story that interweaves mythologies and religions in new compelling ways that have never been explored until w. All references to historical locations, religions, ancient writings, and the representation of current beliefs of local peoples from around the world described in this vel are true. John Mitchell's life in the small Midwestern town of Mill City is changing forever. The animals in his lab are dying, he learns gut wrenching news about his wife, and the most important meeting of his career gets canceled when Dr. Frank Johnson mysteriously disappears. After receiving a cryptic package from the missing doctor and accidentally injecting himself with its contents, a serum made from the instructions inscribed onto a seven-thousand-year-old artifact, John discovers he has new powerful abilities, and new blood-chilling enemies. He and his wife Jenny are soon running for their lives, hunted by the terrifying figures that will stop at thing to protect the serum's seven-thousand-year-old secret, and retrieve the artifact needed to finish their plans. On the run and searching for answers, they are thrown into a world of ancient secrets, esoteric mysteries and a clandestine underground race, when they become trapped in a cavern that holds the shocking secret history of the Human Race, deep underneath the ancient ruins of Babylon. As millions of people around the world suddenly begin disappearing, John and Jenny learn the horrific news of the inevitable extinction of the human race. But when John discovers the hideously evil, secret motivation of the ancient race that is supposed to be saving them, he must rely on his new-found abilities to rescue the woman he loves, Earth, and the billions of tortured souls locked deep within it. Join the thousands of fans that have taken S.E. Meyer's thrilling, fact filled, roller-coaster ride, deep into the thought provoking, controversial, yet compelling world of what we think we kw to be true. What people are saying about The Prodigal Sun. From the beginning I was hooked on the easy flow of the plot. It was well thought out and inventive. The use of historical fact was intriguing. I found myself pausing and thinking wow is this really fact and how did I t kw this? One of the best books that I have read in a long time. A real page turner. I would recommend this to anyone! It is packed full of action! So many twists in the story made it extremely immersing and interesting. S.E. Meyer is a new favorite author and can't wait to read his next book! I wasn't sure what to expect, but was gladly surprised. The story is entertaining, gave me great suspense and at times when I thought I had something figured out, the author surprised me.
- Author BiographyS. E. MEYER has been studying ancient civilizations and religions from around the world for over ten years. As a boy, Meyer grew up in the wilderness of northern Ontario Canada and spent his time learning how to hunt, fish, and survive in the north. He moved to the lovely state of Wisconsin at 18, where he has now spent his entire adult life. Self employed, a part-time consultant for the Department Of Defense, and now living in the northwestern part of Wisconsin with his wife and two sons, Meyer still loves the outdoors and tries to spend as much time there as possible. Gardening, campfires, traveling and fishing are some of his favorite things and Mr. Meyer also loves to entertain; either by playing the guitar, or through captivating stories on the page. Additional hobbies include reading non-fiction and fiction as well as spending hundreds of hours thoroughly researching the topics in his books.
- Author(s)S E Meyer
- Date of Publication22/01/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight671 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.