All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA guide for professionals and aspiring professionals, staff members, and volunteers alike, this is a concise, readable, overview of fund raising activities in the t-for-profit sector. The author is a former Contributions Analyst at Pennzoil. She contributes insights gleaned through her considerable experience in the field, providing an unusually comprehensive survey of the many facets of fund raising and philanthropy. Adams-Chau begins by describing the characteristics, legal status, and professional organizations of the t-for-profit, independent sector. Subsequent chapters examine specific fund raising targets and fund raising organizations: individuals, corporations, foundations, the United Way, and religious fund raising. The author describes what motivates contributions, the effects of the 1986 Tax Act, ethical considerations, and types of contributions. She includes professional resumes of the key individuals involved: a board member, a corporate contributions executive, and a national foundation executive, a national United Way executive, and a deminational leader. The final chapter details how to write and evaluate grant proposals. The bibliography lists important sources of information including computer software.
- Author BiographyLYNDA LEE ADAMS-CHAU teaches Successful Fund Raising at Oral Roberts University. She is a practicing attorney in Oklahoma.
- Author(s)Lynda Lee Adams-Chau
- Date of Publication22/06/1988
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight394 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.67Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.