All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Professionals' Guide to Publishing is a practical introduction to working in the publishing industry. The authors provide a clear overview of its many functions, including editorial, production, sales and marketing; ensuring that the reader has a firm understanding of their responsibilities and how these departments work cross-functionally. Providing a thorough grounding in how publishing works including information on permissions and the current legal framework; they also examine current and enduring trends in publishing including; networking, supply chains and e-publishing.
- Author BiographyGill Davies worked in publishing for 26 years, and was one of the UK's leading academic publishers. She has worked all over the world and was a member of the governing council of the Publishers' Association. Now retired, she was also Professor of Publishing at the University of the Arts London, where she was course director for the MA in Book Publishing. Richard Balkwill has 25 years experience in education publishing. He currently runs his own training and consultancy business, focusing on the themes of publishing finance and the management of copyright and intellectual property. He is an associate at Rights.com and a director of the Independent Publishers' Guild.
- Author(s)Gill Davies,Richard Balkwill
- PublisherKogan Page Ltd
- Date of Publication03/02/2011
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKogan Page Ltd
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width256 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.