The Profit Motive a Lack of Morality in Economics: Wrong or Right: The Prophet's Motive Bringing Morality Into Economics: Right or Wrong by Leif P Damstoft Sr (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.90Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTHE PROFIT MOTIVE/THE PROPHET'S MOTIVE is aligned with the Occupy Movement's concerns even though it was t specifically written for or about the movement. The book focuses on the main cause of ecomic disparity-the profit motive-and about bringing morality into the current world ecomic system-the prophet's motive-to change ecomic disparity. The unique flip-book design reflects the opposite nature of these two concepts. The profit motive says that the underlying reason for business is to make a profit, by nearly any means possible. And therein lies the problem of capitalism: It's a selfish system, and any system that's based on selfishness is bound to be either terribly unbalanced or fail entirely, just as in personal relationships. On the flip side is the prophet's motive. True prophets do t believe in profiting from what they perceive is a gift given them by God to share with the rest of the world. Prophets are more concerned with the human condition of the individual's soul or heart, and the prophet's motive is based on the Golden Rule: . Do unto others as you would want others to do unto you. Unfortunately, this basic premise is often perverted to He who has the gold rules. The Ten Commandments are based on the Golden Rule, as are so many of our laws, but this all goes out the window when it comes to finance. We have failed to intertwine morality and finance because we have embraced the profit motive rather than the prophet's motive. With colorful stories, both fictional and real, and practical steps for solutions to the problems we all face today, The Profit Motive/The Prophet's Motive is truthful, entertaining, serious, funny, controversial, enlightening, and challenging to our own perceptions of reality. The author, Leif P. Damstoft, wrote this book as a way to help direct the conversation of our nation and the world's current issues towards a more positive ends by using positive means. It's time for each of us to think about our part in this system and whether or t we can continue supporting this kind of injustice. ABOUT THE AUTHOR Leif P. Damstoft Sr. has lived in nNortheast Ohio all of his life. He has always been active in writing and in politics. Heand ran as a Democrat for the State Senate twice. He is also an accomplished guitarist and songwriter and has self-produced several CDs. He runs a sound and lighting company for local and national acts, and most recently his production company was used for the Music Is Art Festival in downtown Warren. He has two children, Leif Jr. and Katarina, and two grandchildren. Leif and his second wife, Jeanette, have been married a little over a year.
- Author(s)Leif P Damstoft Sr
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication09/01/2012
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Weight277 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.