The Prokaryotes: A Handbook on the Biology of Bacteria: v. 3: Archaea and Bacteria - Firmicutes, Actinomycetes by Springer-Verlag New York Inc. (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $1,002.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe revised Third Edition of The Prokaryotes, acclaimed as a classic reference in the field, offers new and updated articles by experts from around the world on taxa of relevance to medicine, ecology and industry. Entries combine phylogenetic and systematic data with insights into genetics, physiology and application. Existing entries have been revised to incorporate rapid progress and techlogical invation. The new edition improves on the lucid presentation, logical layout and abundance of illustrations that readers rely on, adding color illustration throughout. Expanded to seven volumes in its print form, the new edition adds a new, searchable online version.
- Author BiographyMartin Dworkin: Emeritus Professor of Microbiology, University of Minnesota, USA Major research area: Developmental Biology and Social Behavior of Myxococcus xanthus Selected awards and honors: John Simon Guggenheim Fellowship; Fellow of the American Academy of Microbiology; Sackler Scholar, Tel Aviv University; Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences; Roger Porter Award for Microbial Diversity- American Society for Microbiology Stanley Falkow: Professor of Microbiology and Immunology at Stanford University School of Medicine, USA; Former Assistant Chief of the Department of Bacterial Immunology at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research Selected awards and honors: Member of the National Academy of Sciences; President of the American Society for Microbiology from July 1997 through June 1998; Robert Koch Award from German Government; Abbott Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Society of Microbiology; Several honorary doctorates in Europe and the US Eugene Rosenberg: Professor of Microbiology at Tel Aviv University, Israel; Associate Professor at the Department of Bacteriology & Institute of Molecular Biology, University of California at Los Angeles (1967-1970); Member of the Israel Committee for Emerging Diseases Selected awards and honors: Guggenheim Fellow and Visiting Professor MIT Cambridge, Massachusetts; Pan Lab Award, Society of Industrial Microbiology, San Diego Karl-Heinz Schleifer: Professor and Head of the Department of Microbiology, Technical University of Munich, Germany Awards and Honors: Full Member of Bergey's Manual Trust; President of the International Union of Microbiological Societies; Korber Award for European Scientific Research; Award of the Society of Hygiene and Environmental Medicine; Ferdinand-Cohn-Medal Erko Stackebrandt: Professor of Microbiology at the Technical University of Braunschweig, Germany, and Director of the German Collection of Microorganisms and Cell Cultures GmbH, Braunschweig, Germany; Professor of Microbiology Department, University of Kiel, Germany (1984-1990); Professor of Microbiology and Department Head at The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia (1990-1993) Selected awards and honors: Associate Member of Bergey's Manual Trust (1990-1997); Bergey's Award
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/09/2006
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight3016 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine71 mm
- Volume editorErko Stackebrandt,Eugene Rosenberg,Karl-Heinz Schleifer,Stanley Falkow
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $60.99Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.