All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Promise of Progressivism: Angelo Patri and Urban Education is a biography of the well-kwn progressive educator during the first half of the twentieth century. A follower of John Dewey, Patri was the principal of two large community-oriented progressive schools in the Bronx from 1907 to 1944. As the first Italian-American school administrator in the United States, he helped immigrant families to maintain their language and heritage while preparing for success in American society. Patri's syndicated column of advice for parents was carried in hundreds of newspapers, had millions of readers, and provided material for the twelve advice books he published for parents. As educator and writer, Patri helped immigrants and mainstream Americans to understand one ather and to work together for the common good.
- Author BiographyThe Author: James M. Wallace is Professor Emeritus, Lewis & Clark College, Portland, Oregon. He received his B.A. in English from Earlham College, his M. A. in social sciences from Haverford College, and his Ed.M. and Ed.D. in history and philosophy of education from Harvard University.
- Author(s)James M. Wallace
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleHistory of Schools and Schooling
- Series Part/Volume Number45
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteill.
- Weight390 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.