Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionSocial marketing is an exciting new field of study that promises much to help alleviate many dilemmas of the human condition. It may be associated with any social project undertaken where human interests (short and long term) override commercial ones. The Promise of Social Marketing examines the potential of this new field to help address effectively local and global issues that most nations are grappling with. It clarifies the history, philosophies, disciplines and techniques associated with best practice and highlights the need to engage with this field to help develop it further, so as to benefit humanity as a whole. There is an ongoing debate about the nature of marketing and whether it is able to fulfill or adapt to both commercial and social objectives. The unifying view is that marketing is a tool that can be used for individual, organizational or social benefits, and the aim of this book is to introduce the reader to an approach that is developing into a promising and rich new science, currently kwn as Social Marketing. It is a tool that brings hope to improving the world for good. The book guides the reader, step by step, demonstrating how this promising area can be applied to aims as diverse as HIV/AIDS prevention, responsible (global) citizenship, conflict resolution or the promotion of a worthwhile education. It will be of interest to t only those who study marketing, management, business ethics, education and public policy but anybody who's interest is in improving the human condition.
- Author BiographyDr Chahid Fourali has backgrounds in psychology, education and marketing and has published extensively in all three areas. He led the consultation with the UK Government to set up the Marketing and Sales Standards Setting Body, which he then led for eight years, as well as, the development of three sets of world-class national occupational standards (in Marketing, Sales and Social Marketing) that were supported by many internationally recognized marketing/business gurus. These standards are now the basis for all nationally recognized qualifications in the UK in the three professional areas. Dr Fourali is Senior Lecturer in Management at the London Metropolitan Business School and is examiner/subject expert for Cambridge University and University of Hertfordshire. He achieved Fellowship or professional membership status from several international organisations including FRSA, FCIM and BABCP (Psychotherapy).
- Author(s)Chahid Fourali
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/07/2016
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, 18 black & white tables, 22 black & white line drawings
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.