All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmong the most significant works of science fiction released in recent years. Tor.com It is the 147th century. In the radically advanced post-human worlds of the Amaranthine Firmament, there is a contender to the Immortal throne: Aaron the Long-Life, the Pretender, a man who is t quite a man. In the barbarous hominid kingdoms of the Prism Investiture, where life is short, cheap, and dangerous, an invention is born that will become the Firmament s most closely kept secret. Lycaste, a lovesick reclusive outcast for an unspeakable crime, must journey through the Provinces, braving the grotesques of an ancient, decadent world to find his salvation. Sotiris, grieving the loss of his sister and awaiting the madness of old age, must relive his twelve thousand years of life to stop the man determined to become Emperor. Ghaldezuel, knight of the stars, must plunder the rarest treasure in the Firmamentthe object the Pretender will stop at thing to obtain. From medieval Prague to a lonely Mediterranean cove, and eventually far into the strange vastness of distant worlds, The Promise of the Child is a debut vel of gripping action and astounding ambition unfolding over hundreds of thousands of years, marking the arrival of a brilliant new talent in science fiction. Skyhorse Publishing, under our Night Shade and Talos imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of titles for readers interested in science fiction (space opera, time travel, hard SF, alien invasion, near-future dystopia), fantasy (grimdark, sword and sorcery, contemporary urban fantasy, steampunk, alternative history), and horror (zombies, vampires, and the occult and supernatural), and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller, a national bestseller, or a Hugo or Nebula award-winner, we are committed to publishing quality books from a diverse group of authors.
- Author BiographyThomas N. Toner was born in the English countryside to two parents employed by the BBC (his mother was a set designer for Doctor Who). He studied fine art and painting in Loughborough before moving to Australia to write. He collects giant fossilized shark teeth, and recently returned to London, where he lives with his girlfriend.
- Author(s)Tom Toner
- PublisherNight Shade Books
- Date of Publication11/10/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNight Shade Books
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $16.42
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.30Trending at AU $22.95
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.