All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis revised second edition provides an introduction to the phonetics and phology of English. It incorporates all central aspects of research in the phology of English and involves the reader at every step, with over 80 exercises leading students to discover facts, to formulate general statements, and to apply concepts. It discusses the nature of speech and phonetic description, the principles of phological analysis, the consonants and vowels of English and their possible sequences. It provides extensive treatment of rhythm, stress, and intonation and the role of these prosodic elements in discourse. It includes more than 80 exercises with feedback and glossary of technical terms. It incorporates developments in phology since the first edition appeared.
- Author BiographyCharles W. Kreidler is Professor Emeritus of Linguistics at Georgetown University. His publications include The Dynamics of Language (co-author, 1971), Introducing English Semantics (1998), and Phonology: Critical Concepts (edited, 6 volumes, 2000).
- Author(s)Charles W. Kreidler
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/12/2003
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note7 illustrations
- Weight716 g
- Width179 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.