Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.35Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $36.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionINCLUDED ON MORE THAN TEN BEST OF THE YEAR LISTS, INCLUDING THE GUARDIAN, PUBLISHERS WEEKLY, SALON, AMAZON, AND THE WASHINGTON POST! Modan delights in bringing the subtlest emotional shadings to vivid and often comical life on the page...[ The Property is a] wryly funny and ultimately wrenching graphic vel. -NPRThe award-winning author of Exit Wounds returns with a story about secrets, money, and the bonds of love The Property is a work that will inspire, fascinate, and delight readers and critics alike. Savvy and insightful, elegant and subtle, Rutu Modan's second full-length graphic vel is a triumph of storytelling and fine lines.After the death of her son, Regina Segal takes her granddaughter Mica to Warsaw, hoping to reclaim a family property lost during the Second World War. As they get to kw modern Warsaw, Regina is forced to recall difficult things about her past, and Mica begins to wonder if maybe their reasons for coming aren't a little different than what her grandmother led her to believe.Modan offers up a world populated by prickly seniors, smart-alecky public servants, and stubborn women-a world whose realism is expressed alternately in the absurdity of people's behavior and in the complex consequences of their sacrifices. Modan's ever-present wit is articulated perfectly in her clear-line style, while a subtle, almost muted color palette complements the true-to-life nuances of her characterization. Exit Wounds made a huge splash for this signature combination of wit, style, and realism, and The Property will cement Modan's status as one of the foremost cartoonists working today.
- Author BiographyBorn in Tel Aviv in 1966, Rutu Modan is an illustrator and cartoonist. She cofounded an independent publishing house for alternative comic artists, Actus Tragicus, and has received much recognition for her work, both within Israel and abroad, including nominations for Eisner, Ignatz, and Angouleme awards. Modan has taught comics and illustration at the Bezalel Academy of Art and Design in Jerusalem, and currently lives in England with her family.
- Author(s)Rutu Modan
- PublisherDrawn & Quarterly
- Date of Publication14/05/2013
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Non-fiction & Literary
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDrawn & Quarterly
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight699 g
- Width181 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Translated byDevelopment Economics Research Fellow Jessica Cohen
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.99New
- AU $71.82New
- AU $91.13New
- AU $79.26New
- AU $49.25New
- AU $21.55New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $30.99
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.37
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.26
- AU $10.69Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.11
- AU $10.79Trending at AU $18.68
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.