All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of this book is to elucidate and explain the themes, images and style of the poetry of Saint-John Perse through a critical study of the letters, speeches, testimonials, tributes and articles of the poet-diplomat. The substance of these prose works treats Perse's preoccupation with the creative process in several contexts - individual, social, philosophical, literary, cultural and political. The prose works examined include the Lettres de Jeunesse, the Lettres d'Asie, the Lettres d'Exil, the speeches entitled Poesie and Pour Dante, several of the Temoignages Litteraires and Hommages, as well as some of the poet's critical articles on music.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Richard L. Sterling is an assistant professor of French and English at Bowie State University in the University of Maryland System. Dr. Sterling is a member of the Modern Language Association, the College Language Association, the Samuel Beckett Society, La Societe des Professeurs Francais en Amerique, Pi Delta Phi (National French Honor Society), and Sigma Tau Delta (National English Honor Society). He received his B.A. in French from American University, his M.A. in French from The Catholic University of America and his Ph.D. in French with a concentration in twentieth-century French and Francophone literature from Howard University. Dr. Sterling has previously published in scholarly journals.
- Author(s)Richard L Sterling
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/1994
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCurrents in Comparative Romance Languages & Literatures
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1994
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight410 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.