All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe latest title in the CEU Press Classics series presents three stories by the Georgian writer Aleksandre Qazbegi (1848-1893). Memoirs of a Shepherd poignantly chronicles the young author's seven years as a shepherd with Georgian mountaineers. Eliso is written from the perspective of a beautiful Chechen girl and offers one of the most searing accounts on record of the forced migration of their people from their homeland to Ottoman lands. Khevis Beri Gocha, the name of a Georgian village chief, is a classic tale set in the sixteenth-century about a tragic misunderstanding between a severe father and his loving son.
- Author BiographyQazbegi was one of the most prescient and gifted chroniclers of the Georgian encounter with colonial modernity. His stories offer an invaluable counterpoint to the predominantly Russian narratives that have shaped scholarly accounts of the nineteenth century Caucasus. Biographic notes on the author, a number of classic photos and an essay by the editor help place the stories in time, place and historic context.
- Author(s)Aleksandre Qazbegi
- PublisherCentral European University Press
- Date of Publication10/09/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleCEU Press Classics
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Place of PublicationBudapest
- Country of PublicationHungary
- ImprintCentral European University Press
- Content Note9 black and white
- Weight249 g
- Width124 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.