All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Protection of Ecomic, Social and Cultural Rights in Africa critiques the three main models of constitutionally protecting ecomic, social and cultural rights in Africa - direct, indirect and hybrid models. It examines the choices that states have made, how the models have worked, whether they have been tested in litigation and the jurisprudence that has arisen. The book analyses the protection of the ecomic, social and cultural rights in a range of African countries: Angola, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa and Uganda. Leading legal academics explore how these rights feature at the regional and sub-regional levels, as well as the link between domestic and international mechanisms of enforcement.
- Author BiographyDanwood Mzikenge Chirwa is Professor of Law and former Head of the Department of Public Law at the University of Cape Town. He has authored a number of books on law and is the founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Malawi Law Journal. He has published, taught and supervised postgraduate students on economic, social and cultural rights. Lilian Chenwi is an Associate Professor of Law at the University of the Witwatersrand School of Law. She has published widely, taught and supervised postgraduate students on economic, social and cultural rights. She is a co-recipient of the Vera Chirwa Human Rights Award for her contributions to the development of economic, social and cultural rights in South Africa through academic research, publication, teaching and litigation.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication20/10/2016
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight980 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byDanwood Mzikenge Chirwa,Lilian Chenwi
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.