The Protectionist Threat to Corporate America: The U.S. Trade Deficit and Management Responses by Louis E. V. Nevaer, Steven Deck (Hardback, 1989)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $114.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $57.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe unprecedented global ecomic growth of recent decades is closely tied to the trading relations that have developed in the postwar period. The authors of The Protectionist Threat to Corporate America explore the potential impact of protectionism on these relationships, arguing that trade barriers pose a danger t only to U.S. ecomic growth but to world trade as a whole. Gearing their discussion to the needs of the business community, they offer a clear, systematic explanation of the underlying principles that govern international trade, the consequences of protectionism, and practical strategies for developing effective competition. The first four chapters examine the nature of trade, the power relations that influence it, and the dilemma created by trade deficits, monetary instability, and declining competitiveness. In the next section, Nevaer and Deck outline a four-point program designed to reverse the slippage in productivity and competitiveness that has eroded America's ecomic position in the world community. They present guidelines for creating a competitive advantage, maximizing strengths, utilizing a more dynamic management style, and harnessing the benefits of ecomies of scale and scope. In case studies of industries in the service sector and the high-tech field, Nevaer and Deck show how a competitive edge can be achieved by identifying opportunities and developing sound strategies for exploiting them. An important working tool for corporate managers, this book will enable business people to see beyond current political rhetoric and make realistic decisions on some of the most fundamental issues affecting the nation's ecomy.
- Author BiographyLOUIS E.V. NEVAER is Director of Political Analysis at International Credit Monitor, a consulting firm specializing in political risk assessments, of which he is the co-founder. He has extensive experience in overseas work, and has worked as a consultant to foreign governments, international firms and non-profit organizations. STEVEN A. DECK is Executive Director of Data and Statistical Analysis at International Credit Monitor, of which he is the co-founder. He has consulted to multinational companies specializing in information systems, project management and financing.
- Author(s)Louis E. V. Nevaer,Steven Deck
- Date of Publication23/06/1989
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight457 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.