All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe n-stems are an intriguing part of Proto-Germanic morphology. Unlike any other un class, the n-stems have roots that are characterized by systematic consonant and vowel alternations across the different Germanic dialects. This mograph represents a diachronic investigation of this root variation. It traces back the Germanic n-stems to their Indo-European origin, and clarifies their formal characteristics by an interaction of sound law and analogy. This book therefore is t just an attempt to account for the typology of the Germanic n-stems, but also a case study of the impact that sound change may have on the evolution of morphology and derivation.
- Author BiographyGuus Kroonen's research focuses on the historical linguistics of the Germanic languages, both from the modern dialectal and the Indo-European perspective. He studied Scandinavian languages in Amsterdam and Comparative Indo-European linguistics in Leiden, where he also obtained his doctoral degree. He is a contributor to the Leiden Indo-European Etymological Dictionary, for which he has prepared the Etymological Dictionary of Proto-Germanic (Brill, forthcoming).
- Author(s)Guus Kroonen
- Date of Publication01/01/2011
- Series TitleLeiden Studies in Indo-European
- Series Part/Volume Number18
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintEditions Rodopi B.V.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight794 g
- Width16 mm
- Height23 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.