All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWar is coming, secrets multiply and betrayal waits in the wings...The Empire's ruling family must be vigilant, as the conspiracy against them deepens. Having discovered her father's assassin, Adare flees the Dawn Palace in search of allies. But few trust her, until she seems marked by the people's goddess in an ordeal of flame. As Adare struggles to unite Annur, unrest breeds rival armies - then barbarian hordes threaten to invade. And unkwn to Adare, her brother Valyn has fallen in with forces mustering at the empire's borders. The terrible choices facing each of them could make war between them inevitable. Fighting his own battles is their brother Kaden, rightful heir to the throne, who has infiltrated the Annurian capital with two strange companions. While imperial forces prepare to defend a far distant front, Kaden's actions could save the empire, or destroy it. Book One, The Emperor's Blades, was on the list of BuzzFeed.com's most-anticipated SF/F reads for 2014 and also on the Fantasy Faction blog for most anticipated fantasy for 2014.
- Author BiographyAfter more than a decade teaching history, religion, and philosophy, Brian Staveley decided to write books. He now lives on a steep dirt road in the hills of southern Vermont, where he divides his time between fathering, writing, husbanding, splitting wood, skiing, and exploring old trails. Stiff knees permitting, Brian also still competes in multi-day adventure races. While he hopes that participating in these gruelling events will give him insight into the physical and psychological suffering faced by his characters, it's possible that he's just too dumb to quit. To the dismay of his family, he also sometimes tries to play the banjo.
- Author(s)Brian Staveley
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleChronicles of the Unhewn Throne
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight527 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $52.84
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.