All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDo things such as performance indicators, valuation formulas, consumer tests, stock prices or financial contracts represent an external reality? Or do they rather constitute, in a performative fashion, what they refer to? The Provoked Ecomy tackles this question from a pragmatist angle, considering ecomic reality as a ceaselessly provoked reality. It takes the reader through a series of diverse empirical sites - from public administrations to stock exchanges, from investment banks to marketing facilities and business schools - in order to explore what can be seen from such a demanding standpoint. It demonstrates that descriptions of ecomic objects do actually produce ecomic objects and that the simulacrum of an ecomic act is indeed a form of realization. It also shows that provoking ecomic reality means facing practical tests in which what ought to be ecomic or t is subject to elaboration and controversy. This book opens paths for empirical investigation in the social sciences, but also for the philosophical renewal of the critique of ecomic reality. It will be useful for students and scholars in social theory, sociology, anthropology, philosophy and ecomics.
- Author BiographyFabian Muniesa is a researcher at the Centre de Sociologie de l'Innovation, Ecole des Mines de Paris. He looks at calculation, valuation and organization from a pragmatist standpoint, with a focus on the problems of business pedagogy, managerial performance, financial innovation and economic reasoning.
- Author(s)Fabian Muniesa
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/05/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCRESC
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.