All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBecause an increasing number of patients are covered through managed care plans, psychiatrists need to understand the managed care system in order to answer their patients' questions and ensure the continued prosperity of their practices. To assist clinicians in these challenging times, The Psychiatrist's Managed Care Primer arms psychiatrists with the information and tools they need to flourish within the managed care environment while simultaneously delivering quality patient care. This mograph provides an overview of the evolution of this industry; detailed explanations of current managed care models, operations, and anticipated trends; and practical advice on key problem areas. It focuses on the pressing issues of utilization management and capitation as well as important regulatory, ethical, and legal issues psychiatrists confront under this system. The potential impact that managed care systems have on their patient referrals, clinical decision-making automy, and income is also examined closely. Equipped with the sophisticated understanding of managed care supplied by this primer, psychiatrists can make the important decisions that will ensure the survival of their practice.
- Author(s)American Psychiatric Association
- PublisherAmerican Psychiatric Association Publishing
- Date of Publication01/08/1997
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationVA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychiatric Press Inc.
- Content Notebibliography
- Weight204 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.