Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.70Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLisa Roberty is a successful screenwriter with an impoverished social life who's enduring a demoralizing job at the mind-numbing sitcom You Go, Girl. Grant Repka is an obscure indie rock musician who, in his forties, finds his career surprisingly resurrected with the success of his comic operetta about the doomed romance of Tommy Lee and Pamela Anderson. When Grant and Lisa meet after one of his shows, sparks don't immediately fly--but e-mail addresses are exchanged. A my-book-for-your-CD trade and a couple of e-mails later, Lisa tells Grant that she enjoys his song My Psycho Ex, but warns him that where psycho-exes are concerned, she's pretty sure she could drink him under the table. Little does she kw that this will become the opening salvo in an epic e-mail battle dubbed the Psycho Ex Game, a storytelling competition in which horrific tales of dysfunctional love and living with lunatics are volleyed with glee. The rules are simple; the point system, unique: the experiences that would rmally leave someone running for the therapist's office (humiliation, degradation, and complicity in psychotic behavior) just might win match point in the Psycho Ex Game. Now it's Grant vs. Lisa as the wretched tales of his ex, the Junkie Queen of Darkness, vie with the woe inflicted by her ex, a tantrum-throwing actor/director widely kwn as Mr. Summer Box Office Record-Holder. As the correspondence evolves, it surprises Lisa by offering her the kind of intimacy she has never shared with a man in the same room. Before long, what started as a friendly competition becomes a road map to an unlikely couple's growing involvement, leaving both Grant and Lisa secretly wondering, If we were to get involved, which one of us is potentially the next Psycho Ex? Written in alternating he said/she said chapters, The Psycho Ex Game is shot through with the acerbic humor of Merrill Markoe and the mordant observations that have made Andy Prieboy a literate voice in rock. The Psycho Ex Game is a hilarious dissection of injuries sustained on the front lines of romance--and the careful nursing that gets us battleready once again. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyEmmy Award-winning writer MERRILL MARKOE has authored three books of humorous essays and the novel It's My F---ing Birthday. She has worked as a radio host and a TV correspondent and written for television, movies, and a delightful assortment of publications. She lives in Los Angeles, if you can call that living. ANDY PRIEBOY has written and recorded with Wall of Voodoo and produced three solo albums. His musical, White Trash Wins Lotto, is currently in preproduction for a 2005 run. Emmy Lou Harris, Linda Ronstadt, and Concrete Blonde are among the artists who have covered his songs. He lives in Los Angeles. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Andy Prieboy,Merrill Markoe
- PublisherVillard Books
- Date of Publication12/07/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVillard Books
- Weight313 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $31.03New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $31.03
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.47
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.36
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $14.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.