Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.64Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionIn an interview granted years before September 11, 2001, Osama bin Laden has stated that he considers both soldiers and civilians of the enemy legitimate targets. That position is t unique, and the wars of the past century have proven with increasing numbers of civilian casualties. This book addresses the impact of war and extreme stress on civilian populations, as well as psychology's response to these phemena. Contributors examined and developed interventions in locations including Africa, the Balkans, Afghanistan, Siberia, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia. Subjects include: women under the Taliban, AIDS patients faced with governmental denial, survivors of the Rwanda massacres, post-Pol Pot Cambodia, Nazi Holocaust victims, Kuwaitis after the Iraqi invasion, Argentine mothers of disappeared youth, and more. The authors examine such rehabilitation efforts as art therapy and role-playing in the former Yugoslavia, community mobilization in Angola, body-work for torture victims who have found their way to London, and counseling for former child prostitutes w in Vietnamese schools. Preventative measures include classes in ethpolitical conflict resolution, reconciliation and peace-building activities, and the revival of indigeus practices after decades of repression.
- Author BiographySTANLEY KRIPPNER is Alan W. Watts Professor of Psychology at Saybrook Graduate School, San Francisco. TERESA M. MCINTYRE is Professor of Health Psychology at the University of Minho, Lago do Paco, Braga, Portugal.
- Date of Publication30/01/2003
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight675 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byStanley C. Krippner,Teresa M. McIntyre
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.