Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionEmployers often ascribe values to gender and sexual orientation that override truly relevant personal characteristics including ability, intelligence and dedication. Policy makers and business leaders need to be informed and involved in creating a workplace climate that openly accepts all people. This volume highlights concerns such as gender barriers to occupational advancement, sexual harassment and female vulnerability, and heterosexual men as targets of sexual harassment. Diamant and Lee discuss the origins and development of sexual stereotypes that form the basis for discrimination. Busines leaders must educate themselves and their employees to understand the wide range of differences that exist in the workforce. The Psychology of Sex, Gender, and Jobs offers solutions to managing the workforce of today.
- Author BiographyLOUIS DIAMANT is Professor Emeritus of Psychology at the University of North Carolina, Charlotte./e He is a clinical psychologist and was the director of an anti-poverty mental health program in North Carolina. JO ANN LEE is Associate Professor of Industrial and Organizational Psychology at the University of North Carolina, Charlotte./e She worked with the U.S. Senate Subcommittee on Aging as an American Psychological Association Congressional Science Fellow.
- Date of Publication30/10/2001
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width161 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byJo Ann Lee,Louis Diamant
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.