About this product
- DescriptionAthletes routinely use psychological skills and interventions for performance enhancement but, perhaps surprisingly, t always to assist in recovery from injury. This book demonstrates the ways in which athletes and practitioners can transfer psychological skills to an injury and rehabilitation setting, to enhance recovery and the well-being of the athlete. Drawing on the very latest research in sport and exercise psychology, this book explores key psychological concepts relating to injury, explaining typical psychological responses to injury and psychological aspects of rehabilitation. Using case studies in every chapter to highlight the day-to-day reality of working with injured athletes, it introduces a series of practical interventions, skills and techniques, underpinned by an evidence-base, with a full explanation of how each might affect an athlete's recovery from injury. The Psychology of Sport Injury and Rehabilitation emphasises the importance of an holistic, multi-disciplinary approach to sports injury and rehabilitation. No other book examines the psychological aspects of both sports injury and the rehabilitation process, and therefore this is an essential resource for students, scholars and practitioners working in sport psychology, sports therapy, sports medicine or coaching.
- Author BiographyMonna Arvinen-Barrow is a British Psychological Society chartered psychologist working as an Assistant Professor at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, USA. Monna has a number of peer reviewed publications in psychology of sport injuries and has taught psychology of sport injuries in the United Kingdom, United States and Finland. Natalie Walker is a British Psychological Society chartered/Health and Care Professions Council registered psychologist working as a Senior Lecturer at the University of Northampton, UK, and an Associate Lecturer at the Open University. Natalie has written a number of publications, as well as examining and supervising postgraduate/doctoral research in the area of psychology of sport injuries.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/03/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white tables
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byMonna Arvinen-Barrow,Natalie Walker
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $19.25Trending at AU $20.63
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.