All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe core concepts in this book are the idea of talent, how it can be assessed, and how it can be nurtured and put to effective use in the workplace. Line managers, HR professionals, business or industrial/organizational psychologists, and consultants will find their understanding challenged and extended - and are shown how to improve their professional practices. The authors explore various psychological tools and approaches that can be pressed into service in connection with talent. Uniquely, they also set the psychological assessment of talent in the context of attitudes to talent and various myths and misunderstandings about it. The positive psychology/strengths movement and the relation between psychology and talent management are also explored in a clear and objective manner. This easy-to-read volume will be of interest to anyone concerned with understanding how talent can be pressed into service to improve performance in the workplace.
- Author BiographyRobert Edenborough has worked in assessment and development for much of his 44-year career. A chartered psychologist and registered occupational psychologist, he has experience of a wide range of private, public and third sector organizations. The appointment and development of senior staff have been major points of focus and he has utilized a range of psychometric tools as well as assessment and development centers in this work. He has written four books on assessment matters. Marion Edenborough spent 25 years with the Gallup Organization, researching and applying the links between the natural talent of individuals and their performance. She led a team helping companies and public bodies make hiring and development decisions by studying the strengths of individuals and applying systematic processes to harness those strengths that lead to capability advantages and business growth.
- Author(s)Marion Edenborough,Robert Edenborough
- PublisherHogrefe Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHogrefe Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
- AU $21.64New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.34
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.