All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery fan kws that individual talent is vital to a team. But sport psychologists understand that the key to success is to incorporate talent into a supportive team unit. The editors have assembled a variety of articles to address the psychological issues related to team sport activities on and off the court or field. Chapter 1 introduces a three-phase model to cut through the complexities associated with team sports and chapters 2 to 12 offer theoretical and practical advice. In addition to addressing the major theoretical concepts related to team sport activities, the book discusses the experiences of sport psychologists who have worked with professionals and national teams. Issues include: Methodological Principles; Ethics; Pre-Performance Routines in Self-Paced Tasks; The Principles of Team Building; Understanding and Managing Emotions; Gender Differences; Working With Professional Basketball Players; Improving Concentration Skills for Soccer Players; Issues in Baseball; Optimal Use of Sport Psychology for Developing Confidence.
- Author BiographyRonnie Lidor is a professor and the Director of the Zinman College of Physical Education and Sport Sciences at the Wingate Institute, and he is also on the faculty of education at the University of Haifa (Israel). His main areas of research are cognitive strategies, talent detection, early development in sport, and sport development. Lidor has published over 100 articles, book chapters, and proceedings chapters, in English and in Hebrew. He is the senior editor of several books, among them Sport Psychology: Linking Theory and Practice (1999) and The Psychology of Team Sports (2003), and served as a co-editor of Handbook of Research in Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology: International Perspectives (2006) and Psychology of Sport Excellence (2009), all of which were published by Fitness Information Technology. A former basketball coach, Lidor now provides psychological consultation to young and adult elite basketball players. He focuses mainly on attentional techniques used before the execution of free-throw shots. He also consults with athletes from several cultures and writes about these experiences.
- Author(s)Keith Page Henschen,Ronnie Lidor
- PublisherFitness Information Technology, Inc, U.S.
- Date of Publication02/08/2001
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleSport Management Library
- Place of PublicationMorgantown, WV
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFitness Information Technology, Inc, U.S.
- Out-of-print date08/02/2017
- Content Noteb/w illlus
- Weight472 g
- Width225 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.