All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Public Administration Theory Primer explores how the science and art of public administration is definable, describable, replicable, and cumulative. The authors survey a broad range of theories and analytical approaches--from public institutional theory to theories of governance--and consider which are the most promising, influential, and important for the field. This book paints a full picture of how these theories contribute to, and explain, what we kw about public administration today. The third edition is fully revised and updated to reflect the latest developments and research in the field including more coverage of governments and governance, feminist theory, emotional labor theory, and grounded research methodology. Expanded chapter conclusions, additional real-world application examples throughout, and a brand-new online supplement with sample comprehensive exam questions and summary tables make this an even more valuable resource for all public administration students.
- Author BiographyH. George Frederickson is Distinguished Professor of Public Administration at the University of Kansas. Kevin B. Smith is professor of political science at the University of Nebraska, Lincoln. Christopher W. Larimer is associate professor of political science at the University of Northern Iowa. Michael J. Licari is Associate Provost for Academic Affair, Dean of Graduate College, and associate professor of political science at the University of Northern Iowa.
- Author(s)Christopher W. Larimer,H. George Frederickson,Kevin B. Smith,Michael J. Licari
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication28/07/2015
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestview Press Inc
- Weight457 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.