All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHealth systems everywhere are experiencing rapid change in response to new threats to health, including from lifestyle diseases, risks of pandemic flu, and the global effects of climate change. At the same time, health inequalities continue to widen despite efforts to halt and reverse them. Such developments have profound implications for the future direction of public health policy and practice. The Public Health System in England offers a wide-ranging, provocative and accessible assessment of challenges confronting a public health system, exploring how its parameters have shifted over time and what the origins of long-standing dilemmas in public health practice are. The book will therefore appeal to public health professionals and students of health policy and may also encourage them to become fully engaged in political and social advocacy alongside the traditional skills of reasoned analysis and sound evidence.
- Author BiographyDavid Hunter is Professor of Health Policy and Management at Durham University. He is Director of the Centre for Public Policy and Health, School of Medicine and Health and a Wolfson Fellow in the Wolfson Research Institute. He has extensive research experience in health systems and public health and has published widely on these subjects. His last book, The Health Debate, was published by The Policy Press in September 2008. Linda Marks is Senior Research Fellow at the Centre for Public Policy and Health, School of Medicine and Health, Durham University and a Wolfson Fellow in the Wolfson Research Institute. She has previously held posts at the King's Fund as Fellow in Health Policy Analysis and in the NHS as a Non Executive Director of a Primary Care Trust. Research interests include health policy, health inequalities and public health governance. Katherine Smith is a Research Fellow in Applied Policy Research in the School for Health at the University of Bath. She was previously a Research Fellow in the Centre for Public Policy and Health at Durham University. Her research interests include: the relationship between public health research and policy, corporate policy influence in Europe (and its public health consequences), and health inequalities in the UK.
- Author(s)David Hunter,Katherine E. Smith,Linda Marks
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication03/03/2010
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.