All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn his inaugural address, Kentucky Gov. Brereton C. Jones proclaimed, This administration is committed to having the most positive, progressive, exciting four years in our state's history. Few would argue that he failed to achieve that goal. Through speeches and press releases, this volume reflects the principal concerns of Jones' time in office. Thematically organized, it presents the public face of the Jones administration on such issues as health care, education, ecomic development, the environment, and governmental reform.
- Author BiographyGov. Brereton C. Jones (b. 1939) was elected to the West Virginia legislature in 1964, where he served for four years before retiring from politics. After moving to Kentucky and switching allegiance from the Republican to the Democratic Party, he re-entered politics with a successful campaign to become lieutenant governor in 1987. He was elected governor in 1991 by a record margin of nearly two to one. He now lives in Woodford County, Kentucky.
- Author(s)Brereton C. Jones
- PublisherThe University Press of Kentucky
- Date of Publication30/06/2001
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitlePublic Papers of the Governors of Kentucky
- Place of PublicationLexington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University Press of Kentucky
- Content Note1 port.
- Weight1098 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Volume editorPenny M. Miller
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.