All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionAlbert Savelkoul, the Public Prosecutor of Antwerp, has everything: power, money, magnificent horses, a family and a high-maintenance mistress. Despite problems with the mistress and his prostate he's convinced that he is invincible, his power untouchable. And so it goes until everyone seems to turn on him. Albert's wife, a member of the Belgian bility, has set her sights on a title for her son. Opus Dei promises to help her if she transfers all her wealth to the secretive organisation. They stop at thing in hounding Albert. A tale of blackmail and murder follows, leavened by Albert's interludes with his loving Polish maid, sadly soon deported by the frigid uber-Catholic wife.
- Author BiographyJef Geeraerts was born in 1930 in Antwerp and is Belgium's best known author after Georges Simenon. He was educated in Jesuit schools, spent time as a colonial administrator and army officer in the Belgian Congo. He gained international acclaim with his Gangrene Cycle, four novels based on his experience in the Congo. Since then he has focused on crime and noir novels, of which The Public Prosecutor is the first to be published in English.
- Author(s)Jef Geeraerts
- PublisherBitter Lemon Press
- Date of Publication04/02/2009
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBitter Lemon Press
- Weight270 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Translated byBrian Doyle
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.