All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo succeed, the modern public sector manager must be as a multi-skilled fox, able to face range of challenges in multiple environments. Theirs is a world of high expectations, demanding outcomes and little money. It is a world of partnerships with businesses and charities, of disruptive techlogy, and of real-time communication with the users of public services. It can also be the most exciting and rewarding world in which to work as a manager. The Public Sector Fox identifies and teaches the skills that managers need to thrive in this world. The advice is drawn from the authors' 30 years of combined experience working at dozens of central government departments and hundreds of local authorities, as well as with schools, colleges, universities, jobcentres, regulators, inspectorates, police forces, prisons, the military and with MI5. Marcial Boo and Alexander Stevenson have seen the public sector at work first hand, from presenting to the Prime Minister in Downing Street to managing training programmes for the unemployed in East London. From strategy, planning, finance, communication and people management to the skills of resilience, perspective and commitment, The Public Sector Fox provides valuable, hard-won tips and guidance to new and established public sector managers, and acts as a vivid reminder of what you can achieve by working for today's public services.
- Author(s)Alexander Stevenson,Marcial Boo
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication03/12/2015
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTroubador Publishing
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.