All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Pull of the Earth is Laurie Thorp's dirt-under-the-fingernails ethgraphy of four years in an elementary school garden and the ways in which this garden catalyzed cultural transformation and inspired hope, growth, and community. Filled with photographs, sketches, poetry, and journal entries, Thorp's engaging book describes the educational benefits of learning through the environment: lessons on nutrition, the rhythms and cycles found in nature, and the stability found in entering a reciprocal relationship with the land. It will be a valuable resource for educators, environmentalists, and ethgraphers.
- Author BiographyLaurie Thorp directs the Residential Initiative on the Study of the Environment Program for Michigan State University.
- Author(s)Laurie Thorp
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication22/12/2005
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCrossroads in Qualitative Inquiry
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight413 g
- Width166 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.