All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a pioneer theoretical study of diplomacy from the viewpoint of political science. It defines diplomacy precisely, and distinguishes it from the other institutions with which it is often confused. The work commences with a historical analysis of diplomacy through the ages in order to afford a theoretical description of the concept. After defining the term, Calvet de Magalhaes goes on to examine the value of current ideas concerning diplomacy. He also describes deviations from rmal diplomatic practice, such as backchannel diplomacy, combat diplomacy, and espionage. The work concludes with a detailed precis of the different elements of diplomatic activity.
- Author BiographyJOSE CALVET DE MAGALHAES is a retired Ambassador of Portugal. He is the author of Diplomatic Manual (in Portuguese), History of the Portuguese Economic Thought, and other works. He is currently at work on a history of the diplomatic relations between the United States and Portugal, and has published articles in Estrategia-Revista de Etudos Internacionais.
- Author(s)Jose Calvet de Magalhaes
- Date of Publication17/10/1988
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleContributions in Political Science
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 214
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight356 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Translated byB. B. Pereira
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.