All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPlanning is never far from the top of the policy or media agenda, whether this concerns 'garden-grabbing', the location of wind farms or protests about travellers' sites. The operation of the planning system raises strong views, even passions, and is highly political. Planners have to engage with developers working on multi-million pound schemes and the local communities that will be affected by such schemes. And throughout, they have to work in the public interest, delivering on broad policy goals and meeting the needs of vulnerable communities. This book is about the way that the planning system works, what it can do, what it cant do and how it should evolve to meet the challenges of the 21st century. It looks at a range of issues to unlock the purpose of planning by being positive about the role of planning whilst realistic about its achievements and potential. Written in a clear and accessible manner, this book will be essential reading for students studying planning in a variety of disciplines and practitioners engaging with the planning system.
- Author BiographyYvonne Rydin is Professor of Planning, Environment and Public Policy at the Bartlett School of Planning, University College London and Director of the UCL Environment Institute. She has published widely on planning, governance and urban sustainability with a recent focus on governing for sustainable urban development. She is a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- Author(s)Dr. Yvonne Rydin
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication06/01/2011
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Weight204 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.