Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionAll Adam Shepard wants is to get fame as a musician and the girl who lives down the hall. Or at least that's what he thinks. The story begins with Adam, the son of an insurance salesman and a woman whose only job is being a mom, from a small town in Washington, recounting the story of his childhood, how he felt outcast and how he felt alive when he first picked up a guitar. Adam goes through a life changing and belief changing journey to claim his dreams. This journey starts playing guitar in his bedroom with the door closed as a kid, distancing himself from his parents and their average lives, and takes him to the streets of Seattle as a street performer, while he was a student at the University of Washington, to the streets of San Francisco and Spokane, working crappy jobs to get by after flunking out of school, and eventually takes him to parts of the world he never imagined he would see, and teaches him things and challenges him in ways he could t possibly have imagined as a fourteen year old picking up a guitar. In a side story, which is strongly related to Adam's quest for fame, is his quest for love, and the pursuit of the beautiful girl down the hall, Jill. With strong imagery, Adam's pursuit of Jill provides ather strong example of the ups and downs of both life and our life's pursuits and ambitions and adds to the overall theme of the story.
- Author BiographySteven Lourie is a young, aspiring, and passionate author looking to get established in the world of fiction, starting with online publishing. A student at Northeastern University, Steven is majoring in journalism and business, and may eventually end up in the field of marketing or as an entrepreneur. However, writing has always been his passion since he was 6 years old and started writing little stories for his family. Since then, his writing style has evolved and all through high school, his writing teachers gave him high praise and let him believe that he could make a living doing this. Writing for a living is his dream and he hopes his passion will someday allow him to achieve that. He has written several other short stories and poems, both for classes and in his free time, but The Pursuit is his first full length novel and he certainly hopes not his last (he has several ideas for other novels in the future). Several of his shorter works have been published in other places, including school literary publications, local literary publications, even national youth literary publications, as well as the internet. Steven also enjoys sports and to write about football and would also someday love to be a paid sports writer on the internet or have his own paying in print sports column in a major newspaper.
- Author(s)Steven A Lourie
- Date of Publication24/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.