All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSoon to be a major motion picture starring Will Smith, The Pursuit of Happyness is the inspiring, rags-to-riches story of the charismatic Chris Gardner - a once homeless father who raised and cared for his son on the mean streets of San Francisco and went on to become a crown prince of Wall Street. At the age of twenty, Milwaukee native Chris Gardner, just out of the Navy, arrived in San Francisco to pursue a promising career in medicine. Considered a prodigy in scientific research, he surprised everyone and himself by setting his sights on the competitive world of high finance. Yet sooner had he landed an entry level position at a prestigious firm, Gardner found himself caught in a web of incredibly challenging circumstances that left him homeless with his toddler son. Instead of giving in to despair, the two spent almost a year moving from shelters, HO-tels , and soup-lines, even sleeping in the public restroom of a subway station - ultimately making an astonishing transformation from the bathroom to the boardroom.
- Author BiographyChris Gardner is the chief executive officer of Gardner Rich & Company, a multimillion-dollar brokerage with offices in New York, Chicago, and San Francisco. An avid philanthropist and motivational speaker, Gardner is a recipient of the Father of the Year Award from the National Fatherhood Initiative. He has two children and resides in Chicago and New York.
- Author(s)Chris Gardner
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication07/12/2006
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmistad Press
- Content Note8 pages colour photos
- Weight254 g
- Width129 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementFilm tie-in edition
Most relevant reviews
- anna.ariem6629 Jul, 2013by
A+ read. Great for a little motivation.
Overall i loved the movie so i bought the book. The stories are some what altered but a great read if you're up for some motivation. Remember he had as little as $25 in his bank and now he's a millionaire stoke broker.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14