All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionHellmann's writing has become an indispensable resource for me and many others as it fills a critical gap in Python Documentation with examples. - Jesse Noller, Python Core Developer and PSF Board Member Master the Powerful Python Standard Library through Real Code Examples The Python Standard Library contains hundreds of modules for interacting with the operating system, interpreter, and Internet-all extensively tested and ready to jump-start your application development. The Python Standard Library by Example (2 Volume Set) introduces virtually every important area of the Python 2.7 library through concise, stand-alone source code/output examples, designed for easy learning and reuse. Building on his popular Python Module of the Week blog series, author and Python expert Doug Hellmann focuses on showing t telling. He explains code behavior through downloadable examples that fully demonstrate each feature. You'll find practical code for working with text, data types, algorithms, math, file systems, networking, the Internet, XML, email, cryptography, concurrency, runtime and language services, and much more. Each section fully covers one module, and links to valuable additional resources, making this book an ideal tutorial and reference. Coverage includes * Manipulating text with string, textwrap, re, and difflib * Implementing data structures: collections, array, queue, struct, copy, and more * Reading, writing, and manipulating files and directories * Regular expression pattern matching * Exchanging data and providing for persistence Archiving and data compression * Managing processes and threads * Using application building blocks : parsing command-line options, prompting for passwords, scheduling events, and logging * Testing, debugging, and compilation * Controlling runtime configuration * Using module and package utilities If you're new to Python, this book will quickly give you access to a whole new world of functionality. If you've worked with Python before, you'll discover new, powerful solutions and better ways to use the modules you've already tried.
- Author BiographyDoug Hellmann is a senior developer with Racemi, Inc., and communications director of the Python Software Foundation. He has programmed with Python since version 1.4, and has worked on multiple platforms in mapping, medical publishing, banking, and data center automation. Hellmann was previously columnist and editor-in-chief for Python Magazine and, since 2007, has blogged the popular Python Module of the Week series at doughellmann.com.
- Author(s)Doug Hellmann
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication01/06/2011
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Weight1635 g
- Width179 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine43 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.