All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the definitive, the official, the most lavish, the completely-different-to-anything-done-before Pythons' autobiography, reissued to coincide with the eagerly anticipated live shows at the O2 in 2014. Over 40 years ago, a group of five Englishmen - and one wayward American - rewrote the rules of comedy. MONTY PYTHON'S FLYING CIRCUS, an unheralded, previously unseen half-hour show of sketches, hilarities, inanities and animations, first appeared on the BBC late one night in 1969. Its impact has been felt on the world ever since. From its humble beginnings, it blossomed into the most influential movement in modern comedy. THE PYTHONS' AUTOBIOGRAPHY BY THE PYTHONS is a unique insight into arguably the most important comic team of the modern age, lavishly illustrated throughout, with photographs culled from the team's own personal collections. This is the definitive word, in their own words, on all things Pythonesque.
- Author BiographyBob McCabe broadcasts on film for Radio 1 and is associate editor of 'Film Guide'. He contributes to 'Empire', and 'Q' magazines and has also contributed to 'Premier', 'Film Review', 'Evening Standard', 'Daily Mirror', 'The Express' and was film editor of 'Vox'. He is the author of the BFI book on 'The Exorcist'. Terry Jones was a member of the legendary Monty Python team and has directed three highly successful films - Erik the Viking, Consuming Passions, Personal Services, Monty Python's The Meaning of Life, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, as well as scripting and performing in The Life of Brian, Jabberwocky and a number of Monty Python films. A previous book The Saga of Erik the Viking won the 1984 Children's Book Award. He is also the author of (for adults) Chaucer's Knight: Portrait of a Medieval Mercenary, Crusades and The Knight and the Squire as well as many other books for children. He read English at Oxford and retains a passion for medieval literature. Michael Palin established his reputation with MONTY PYTHON'S FLYING CIRCUS and RIPPING YARNS. His work also includes several films with Monty Python, as well as THE MISSIONARY, A PRIVATE FUNCTION, an award-winning performance as the hapless Ken in A FISH CALLED WANDA and, more recently, AMERICAN FRIENDS and FIERCE CREATURES. His television credits include two films for the BBC's GREAT RAILWAY JOURNEYS, the plays EAST OF IPSWICH and NUMBER 27, and Alan Bleasdale's GBH. He has written books to accompany his six very successful travel series, AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS, POLE TO POLE, FULL CIRCLE, HEMINGWAY ADVENTURE, SAHARA and HIMALAYA. He is also the author of a number of children's stories, the play THE WEEKEND and the novel HEMINGWAY'S CHAIR. Visit the website for more information www.palinstravels.co.uk Eric Idle is the third tallest member of Monty Python. In addition to the Python scripts, he is the author of the novels The Road to Mars and Hello Sailor, the play Pass the Butler; and the children's book The Quite Remarkable Adventures of the Owl and the Pussycat. He lives in Los Angeles. Bob McCabe broadcasts on film for Radio 1 and is associate editor of Film Guide. He contributes to Empire and Q magazines and has also contributed to Evening Standard, Daily Mirror and Daily Express, and was film editor of Vox. He is the author of The Pythons by The Pythons and numerous other books, most recently the authorised biography of Ronnie Barker.
- Author(s)Bob McCabe,Eric Idle,Graham Chapman,John Cleese,Michael Palin,Terry Gilliam,Terry Jones
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication22/05/2014
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrion (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Out-of-print date15/01/2016
- Weight1310 g
- Width198 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.