All listings for this product
About this product
- Product InformationWe all know about the late Queen Mum one of Britains most instantly recognisable figures. But few have even heard of the Queens mother-in-law, Princess Alice. And yet, the life story of Prince Philips mother almost defies belief. A great granddaughter of Queen Victoria, Prince Philips mother married into the Greek royal family only to see the Greek monarchy overthrown by revolution. Fleeing into exile, she suffered a severe nervous breakdown. She was locked away in mental hospitals and subjected to experimental treatments by psychiatrists including Sigmund Freud himself. The trauma had a shattering effect on Princess Alices marriage and led to a fractured childhood for her only son Prince Philip. Philips mother eventually fought her way back from mental illness, and became an unlikely hero of World War Two risking her life to hide a Jewish family from the Nazis. When her son married the future Queen Elizabeth in 1948, Alice turned down the option of a cosy royal life. Instead she chose to dedicate herself to working with the poor in Greece, gave away all her possessions and even founded her own religious order. Featuring exclusive interviews with family members and previously unseen archive footage, this film sheds new light on one of the royal familys most remarkable but little known personalities.
- TitleThe Queen's Mother In Law
- Product Release Date28/09/2016
- Theatrical Release Year2012
- Number of Discs1
- Rating InfoMature Themes,Nudity
- Run Time50 minutes
- Primary GenreSpecial Interest
- Aspect Ratio16:9
- Main Audio TypeDolby Digital
- Video FormatPAL
- Tag LineThe Royal family's best kept secret...revealed.
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
Save on DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $66.83
- AU $115.00Trending at AU $126.40
- AU $13.50Trending at AU $18.79
- AU $74.20Trending at AU $79.57
- AU $37.86Trending at AU $61.52
- AU $13.25Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $74.24Trending at AU $94.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.