All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCognitive Hyptherapy suggests that the solution to the problems people bring to counsellors and therapists lie within the problem itself. Rather than seek to attach labels to people's issues, Cognitive Hyptherapists use the unique way each client connects to the world to help them create solutions specific to them from a range of interventions drawn from many different approaches. Over three books the author has developed this approach to create a compelling and comprehensive model of therapy. In his first, Wordweaving: The Science of Suggestion, the author describes a modern approach to the use of hyptic language which uses the client's own words to lead them towards their desired outcome. It frees you from the need for scripts and shows how to create unique suggestions that fit each client's way of thinking. In this book, The Question is the Answer, the framework of Cognitive Hyptherapy is described in detail, taking you from the first session with a client all the way through to a successful conclusion. It teaches you questions that lead you to the heart of both the client's problem and solution, and shows you how to use the answers to create compelling suggestions and guide your choice of intervention. In the third book, Cognitive Hyptherapy: What's that about and How can I use it? Two simple questions for change, the author closes the circle by describing a theory of mind that explains why we do the things that limit our lives, and why we can take control and change ourselves. It then goes on to explain how, by weaving a comprehensive selection of interventions into a creative model that assists therapists in making the most appropriate choices. Taken together, these books provide a vibrant new direction for therapy.
- Author BiographyTrevor Silvester is a practising hypnotherapist in Cambridgeshire, England. He is the editor of the Hypnotherapy Journal, and Training Director of The Quest Institute, a company that runs courses in Cognitive Hypnotherapy and Neuro Linguistic Programming. He is a Fellow of the National Council for Hypnotherapy and the Hypnotherapy Society.
- Author(s)Trevor Silvester
- PublisherQuest Institute
- Date of Publication26/05/2011
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNorwich
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuest Institute
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight363 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.