Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an inspired collection of original quia recipes that make the most of this amazing superfood. An informative introduction covers the story of quia, where it is cultivated, its nutritional properties and how to use it to maximum effect in a healthy diet. It shows how to utilize the incredible properties of this gluten-free 'pseudograin' in recipes such as Grala with Fig and Date Compote, Seared Malaysian Scallops on Black Chilli Quia, Bean Jambalaya and Mocha Brownies. Rich in protein, cholesterol-free and low in fat, the vibrant, tasty recipes in this book will help you radically improve your eating habits. Each recipe has a full nutritional breakdown so you can see exactly what the benefits of quia are. Native to the Altipla people of South America, quia was a valued food of the Incas, who began growing it over 7000 years ago. Still cultivated in Peru and Bolivia but also in Colorado, Canada, Europe, Kenya and India, it has proved itself to be an adaptable and hardy crop, valued as a gluten-free food, superior to any other cereal; low in fat, cholesterol free, a good source of minerals and vitamins, and rich in protein. This book offers every conceivable way to use this fantastic food in appetizers, soups, main courses, side dishes and desserts that are packed with vibrant tastes. Whether you want a quick and easy family lunch or a striking and impressive dinner party dish, this book offers a nutrition-packed recipe for every occasion, illustrated in over 320 photographs.
- Author BiographyPenny Doyle is a qualified and widely experienced dietitian, nutrition consultant, and food writer. Specializing in coeliac disease, irritable bowel syndrome, and diabetes, Penny combines her work as an NHS dietitian with her own freelance nutrition consultancy. Her passion for healthy and delicious food is underpinned by her wide knowledge and experience of nutrition.
- Author(s)Penny Doyle
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication10/12/2013
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 320 photographs
- Weight917 g
- Width238 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.