The Quotable Chesterton: The Wit and Wisdom of G.K. Chesterton by Kevin Belmonte (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionG. K. Chesterton was a literary giant of his age. With an exceptional intellect, he wrote about history, politics, ecomics, philosophy, social and literary criticism, and theology. He published essays, vels, biographies, short stories, and poetry, and the Christian classics Heretics, Orthodoxy, and The Everlasting Man, which C. S. Lewis credits as instrumental in his conversion to Christianity. With much of his finest material out of print or hard to find, modern readers have long needed a standard collection of his best thoughts. Kevin Belmonte's The Quotable Chesterton brings them to you arranged alphabetically by topic, with complete original source documentation. There are entries from Adventure to Cheese, Politics to Emile Zola, interspersed with essays about Chesterton's life and times. Hundreds of passages drawn from Chesterton's fiction, poetry, essays, and other books showcase a man the New York Times hailed as a brilliant English essayist and George Bernard Shaw called a colossal genius. Endorsements: There isn't a writer who gets me pacing and smiling and thinking like G.K. Chesterton. His every paradigm shift is an adjustment to my mental compass, and so a gift. -DONALD MILLER, author of the New York Times bestsellers A Million Miles in a Thousand Years and Blue Like Jazz Over the years, I have delivered thousands of lectures, speeches, talks, and sermons; I have written hundreds of articles, essays, books, and reviews; it is an exceedingly rare occasion when any of them should fail to contain the words 'Chesterton once said.' Kevin Belmonte here reveals that fountain of wit, wisdom, and wonder, G.K. Chesterton, in all his irresistibly, irrepressibly, quotable splendor. -GEORGE GRANT, Pastor, Parish Presbyterian Church, and Chancellor, New College Franklin
- Author BiographyKevin Belmonte holds a BA in English Literature and two MA's in Church History and American and New England studies. He is the author of several books including William Wilberforce: A Hero for Humanity and winner of the prestigious John Pollock Award for Christian Biography.
- Author(s)Kevin Belmonte
- PublisherThomas Nelson Publishers
- Date of Publication01/01/2011
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThomas Nelson Publishers
- Weight277 g
- Width132 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other
- AU $24.31New
- AU $49.49New
Save on Other
- AU $121.00Trending at AU $127.24
- AU $19.02Trending at AU $21.52
- AU $35.59Trending at AU $68.30
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $51.26
- AU $18.18Trending at AU $21.94
- AU $37.01Trending at AU $41.25
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $28.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.