Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.80Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSome people say, 'How can you live without kwing?' I do t kw what they mean. I always live without kwing. That is easy. How you get to kw is what I want to kw. --Richard P. Feynman Nobel Prize-winning physicist Richard P. Feynman (1918-88) was that rarest of creatures--a towering scientific genius who could make himself understood by anyone and who became as famous for the wit and wisdom of his popular lectures and writings as for his fundamental contributions to science. The Quotable Feynman is a treasure-trove of this revered and beloved scientist's most profound, provocative, humorous, and memorable quotations on a wide range of subjects. Carefully selected by Richard Feynman's daughter, Michelle Feynman, from his spoken and written legacy, including interviews, lectures, letters, articles, and books, the quotations are arranged under two dozen topics--from art, childhood, discovery, family, imagination, and humor to mathematics, politics, science, religion, and uncertainty. These brief passages--about 500 in all--vividly demonstrate Feynman's astonishing yet playful intelligence, and his almost constitutional inability to be anything other than unconventional, engaging, and inspiring. The result is a unique, illuminating, and enjoyable portrait of Feynman's life and thought that will be cherished by his fans at the same time that it provides an ideal introduction to Feynman for readers new to this intriguing and important thinker. The book features a foreword in which physicist Brian Cox pays tribute to Feynman and describes how his words reveal his particular genius, a piece in which cellist Yo-Yo Ma shares his memories of Feynman and reflects on his enduring appeal, and a personal preface by Michelle Feynman. It also includes some previously unpublished quotations, a chrology of Richard Feynman's life, some twenty photos of Feynman, and a section of memorable quotations about Feynman from other table figures. Features: * Approximately 500 quotations, some of them previously unpublished, arranged by topic* A foreword by Brian Cox, reflections by Yo-Yo Ma, and a preface by Michelle Feynman* A chrology of Feynman's life* Some twenty photos of Feynman* A section of quotations about Feynman from other table figures Some table quotations of Richard P. Feynman: * The thing that doesn't fit is the most interesting. * Thinking is thing but talking to yourself inside. * It is wonderful if you can find something you love to do in your youth which is big eugh to sustain your interest through all your adult life. Because, whatever it is, if you do it well eugh (and you will, if you truly love it), people will pay you to do what you want to do anyway. * I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring.
- Author BiographyMichelle Feynman, the daughter of Richard P. Feynman, is the editor of Perfectly Reasonable Deviations from the Beaten Track: The Letters of Richard P. Feynman (Basic) and The Art of Richard P. Feynman: Images by a Curious Character. She lives in Altadena, California.
- Author(s)Richard P. Feynman
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication08/09/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note20 halftones.
- Weight399 g
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byMichelle Feynman
- Foreword byBrian Cox
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.46
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.