All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe Qur'an: Modern Muslim Interpretations offers a lucid guide to how Muslims have read the Qur'an in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. Massimo Campanini explores early approaches to the understanding of the Qur'an, including that of the Salafis and the construction of the Islamic Renaissance Movement, contrasting the development of traditionalist and 'scientific' interpretations and examining the work of the phemelogists who followed. This lively book explores the radical ideas of Sayyid Qutb and his followers, a significant part of what is kwn as political Islamism, and investigates the idea of exegesis as a liberation theology, through the work of Esack and Wadud. Students taking courses on the interpretation of the Qur'an will find this an invaluable aid to their study, and it is essential reading for all those interested in how Muslims have understood the Qur'an in the contemporary period.
- Author BiographyMassimo Campanini is Professor of History of the Arab Countries at the Oriental University in Naples.
- Author(s)Massimo Campanini
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/09/2010
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight258 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.